Friday, November 21, 2014

Proclamation of Thanksgiving



Proclamation of Thanksgiving
This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national day of Thanksgiving. During his administration, President Lincoln issued many orders similar to this. For example, on November 28, 1861, he ordered government departments closed for a local day of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada. Thanksgiving has its historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, and has long been celebrated in a secular manner as well.
Reflection:
·         I am thankful for the roof over my head
·         I am thankful for my family being there for me
·         I am thankful for being alive
·         I am thankful for being healthy
·         I am thankful I am happy and safe
·         I am thankful for my parents and sisters to be here with me
·         I am thankful my family and I are like best friends
·         I am thankful I have food and money
·         I am thankful I am productive with sports (basketball and softball)
·         I am thankful to everyone who has don’t good for me


No comments:

Post a Comment