Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Home Health Aide

Home Health Aide
Duties and responsibilities: Home health aides make a remarkable difference in the lives of the sick, disabled and elderly. By assisting with personal tasks such as dressing and bathing, and helping to keep homes safe and clean, they allow those who would otherwise need a higher level of care the opportunity to live on their own.
Salary: $22,050 per year; with an average salary of $22,050 per year, home health aides don't earn as much money as some other health care jobs. For instance, nursing aides earned $26,020, medical assistants made $30,780 and physical therapist assistants received $53,320.
Education: There is no standardized educational requirement for HHAs. In some states, not even a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Other states require HHAs to take preparation classes (usually offered at community colleges or vocational/technical schools) before they begin working.
Add a pic:
Reflection: I would probably consider doing this because I like helping people. It’s what I plan on doing but this job doesn’t seem that bad. You can say I might do this but I want to be paid more than this. I want to own a big house and complete my dream but I can’t with this salary.


No comments:

Post a Comment